Saturday 19 April 2014

Princess has a new bedroom!

I have, amongst everything else that I am currently doing been redecorating my daughters bedroom. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of what it was like before, but here is a picture once I had gotten rid of the horrid vinyl wallpaper and the lining behind it:


The vinyl paper was a horrid cream with shiny blue bits on it and was peeling everywhere...a face that was helped by the princess almost daily until I got fed up and decided that I would do it properly...
Anyhow her stuff was all still in there because I cannot paper a wall to save my life, so a week later a painter decorator friend came by to reline the wall ready for me to paint.


The empty room ready for me to paint:

One last bit of the horrid old wallpaper as you can see!



Guess what colour she wanted.......PINK.....it has to be said that we said no to that and went for the neutral colour to be enhanced by princess decals on the wall and the very pink rug that I am making her.


It is not a large room by any stretch of the imagination but it seems to work well and I think it looks soooo much better now. As you can see my latch hook rug is in there too. And the bunting above the window I made a while ago! We managed to get hold of some princess decals on ebay and they are above her bed. As I put her to bed tonight she said " I love my lovely bedroom mummy" so cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment