Wednesday 8 July 2015

Butterfly Birthday Cake


It was the Divas birthday earlier this week and we had her party on Sunday. She had decided that her theme was going to be butterflies and rainbows with maybe a bit of Olaf from Frozen too!!!! What a theme!
I decided that I would do a simple chocolate maderia cake in a round tin. I must admit I went a bit overboard and borrowed a professional 12" round tin from a baker friend....it was HUGE! 
So you bake the cake then when it has cooled down.......and this takes forever for such a large cake....you cut it in half.


I did not have a cake board that big so you will have to excuse the red spotty tray....then you cut out largish triangles on either side....this makes the wings nice and simply.


Then go with all that icing!  I cheated here and used a Betty Crocker pack of frosting.....I used the whole carton and it covered the top....


so as you can see I left the sides with no icing. I don't think that this detracted from anything though so it worked well.


I brought 3 packets of the crispy M&Ms which are the ones that come in the blue packets. They were down to £1 in Sainsburys last week....I don;t really like the chocolate ones and you should NEVER put nuts in or on a cake that is for lots of kids unless you are 100% sure there are no allergies.


The Diva helped with sorting all the M&Ms into colours for me to put onto the cake...then we found a 5 candle and one of her Olaf toys to put in front!



Hey Presto.....a rainbow, butterfly ,Olaf cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment