Wednesday 3 December 2014



When A said that he wanted a Minecraft party my first place to look for inspiration was Pinterest! I love that site it has ideas for everything imaginable. For party drinks I brought some Tesco own brand Fruit Shoot type drinks in the red bottles so that I could make TNT labels for them....there is no download for this unless you can find one but I simply cut the paper about 2 " wide then wrote TNT on it in black pen and stuck them on the bottles with a bit of sticky tape. Job done!



For one of the games we decided to do a kind of throw the balls in the Creeper. I saved a large cardboard box from a friends shop and painted it green. It did take several days to dry off in the damp weather we are currently having and being in the garage did not help speed it up at all! When it was dry I brought it in and cut out the Creeper face. You can just about see where I wrote 100 above each of the eyes and 50 in the mouth. This was the number of points that you scored if you got a ball in the eyes or the mouth. I still have a bag of those ball pit balls you get when the kids are babies so these were soft enough to use inside. The kids seemed to really enjoy the game.


I had some black and green balloons for decorations and used one of the black ones to make a giant spider that you get on the game.I don't think you can quite see the red eyes that I stuck onto it and I used black crepe ribbon for the legs. Even the Tesco delivery man liked it!


I used masking tape to turn the glass windows, in the door into the kitchen, into glass sheets that you use to make windows in Minecraft. Again this effect worked really well....so well that I did the same to some of the bigger windows in the room too.


The party table was covered with some green holographic wrapping paper I found in the 99p shop in town. Very appropriate. Layed with green and black sqaure plates and the TNT drink bottles it looked ace.


Another game we had was Pin the Tail on the Pig. It was a simple and quick job to make a minecraft pig out of pink sugar paper (99P shop again) and stick it on the wall with some tails with the kids names on ready for playing.


Oh yes, as well as the TNT drinks, I made a game called Pass the TNT...very similar to Pass the Parcel. I wrapped a box in red holographic paper and then put the final gift, also wrapped in the holographic paper, and some sweets into it. I grabbed a handful of party poppers and stuck the music on. The music played the whole way through but when I popped a party popper they had to open the box and take a sweetie out....when there were no more sweeties the next person was the winner.


I found some fantastic printables on Pinterest for name places and banners etc as well as invitations and certificates. If you follow this link you should find them...or look me up on Pinterest and follow me! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/203928689351816967/


And the banners...I used the crepe ribbons to make a type of Nether Portal into the kitchen where a lot of the games were played.


After they had eaten they were given 3 marshmallows each and some icing pens and were asked to make their own Minecraft monsters up.....and then ate them!


And another picture of my cake.


A really enjoyed his party this year, which was a relief as in previous years he has got so over excited that he has had a melt down during the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment