Wednesday 19 March 2014

A Day in the Garden!

Well....don't my arms ache! A day spent in the garden with the Little Princess, with the warm sun out (finally)...and we managed to do a whole lot of digging! I say a day...it was actually a half day! First we went to B&Q and brought a couple of their rustic raised beds at 1.8mx 1m. I even managed to build them myself qiute quickly!!!!

The little Princess kept me topped up with pink tea AKA squash! She was running around in a green skirt calling herself Tinkerbell....she had a lovely time.

The digging up of the lawn was so tiring though....I took the top layer of turf up first and relocated it to the other side of the garden that needs grass, then double dug the mud underneath...all I need to do is put a load of compost into the mix and top it off with some brought mud, then I will be ready to start planting in that one! I actually brought 2 of these raised bed things, so am going to have to do the other one before the ground hardens too much ( one advantage of all the wet weather we have been having...the soil is so much easier to dig!) Will have to see when my husband realises what I have done too! I generally just get straight stuck into projects like this rather than spending hours measuring as he would!

                                               Think it will look great once its filled with veg!

No comments:

Post a Comment