Wednesday 9 July 2014

A mirror for the Princess's bedroom

After she has asked me goodness knows how many times, I have finally started making the little one a mirror for her bedroom! She does not know this yet!!! Being a rather girly girl, and not being allowed pink walls in her bedroom I decided that I would sparkle the mirror up lot and lots.
I managed to find a simple mirror from the 99p shop. I know! I could hardly believe it...mirrors are SO expensive. It has a kind of laminate sort of a frame...definately not real wood anyway, but the frame is also quite nice and big for 'doing'something on. The first step was to paint it up. I decided on off white as I think you CAN have too much pink!


Then I found an old bag of sparkly flowers in my cupboard. They were flat backed so quite easy to stick on. I used superglue to stick them. 



I also had a couple of large purple and pink flowers that I stuck at the bottom of the frame...not really sure if they 'go'. But that is not finished....I thought it needed a little more sparkle. So I got more of those really pretty flowers and stuck them on. I think I got them from Yellow Moon which is a kids crafting site that you can order from. 


And that is it finished, I think. Not sure whether to do some colouring or green behind the flowers. The other half thinks she will love it though as it is and so do the boys! Very sparkly and what a big girl to have a mirror in her bedroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment