Monday 16 June 2014

Birthday madness!

As i said last week, it was my eldest son's birthday on Saturday and we were having an 8th birthday World Cup Sleepover with 7 of his friends coming and 5 of them staying till the Sunday. THIS is why I did not post on Friday...too much to do!
The cake was not one of my best I will quickly admit but he was more than happy with it.
After he blew the candles out and everyone had a piece, grandad even took a giant bit home, the kids all took some home in their party cups too, we still have at least half left! Luckily today (monday) we have had our monday friends around...8 kids and mums so it quickly disappeared. 
The house was decorated to the max with football England flags everywhere!
A large flag over the fireplace where they were watching the match plus bunting in there.

Flag bunting all down the hallway and in the kitchen at the back and in the garden!!! I even had another giant flag loaned to me and we stuck it out of the upstairs windows outside the front of the house.
The kids loved it, the middle son aged 5 stayed up till 10.30 and was getting right in there with all the big boys! Even the princess stayed up till 10! She was sooo tired bless her, but would not go up till they all came in from the garden.
The boys all stayed in the garden till 10pm as the game did not kick off till 11pm! They had some of the games that I planned, and they played football themselves a lot too, as well as having burgers and hotdogs and birthday cake. Fun was had by all and it was a fairly simple party to organise...not at all as scary as people may think! Just make sure that you have plenty of games ideas and backups. I always find when I dont plan much it is really hard work and they want to be entertained, but if I have a huge list of games ideas, they dont want you to entertain them much and sort themselves out.  Or maybe I am just lucky with my eldest!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment