Sunday 8 June 2014

Birthday time!

It.s that time of year again....first, in June it is my eldests birthday....8 this year!!!! then in July it is the Princess' birthday 4 this year. Last year for my sons 7th birthday we decided to do something a little different with regards to his present....far too many toys in this house....so we got him a tent and pitched it in the garden....needless to say, a den of is own tn the garden, went down a treat.
We left his tent up all summer and he had friends over to play in it, went in it to get away from the younger two etc and was terribly sad when we took it down in October when the weather got just a little too wet!
The neighbours thought we were mad and kept saying we have killed the grass etc, but it quickly grew back. So this last weekend, I got it out and put it up again! Lets kill that grass again!
It is right at the bottom of the garden and not an obvious blue or anything so I think we will have it there for another few months before I take it down again! Eldest was very happy to have his tent back! I did think of putting lots of cushions etc in there to keep out there, but then thought of all the mice that may visit ( we have chickens next door the other side of that hedge!) 
We now have only a few days left to think of something for this years birthday....he cannot tell us what he wants at all....so far I have got him a couple of those Mixel Lego things and some second hand non Lego Lego and a mini digital photo frame keyring! He got a camera from Father Christmas this year so this may encourage him a little more! He has somewhat reverted to loving Lego again too! We have exactly 5 days if we are to get him anything else.
I am also making another cake (not a chess one this year) He has requested a castle cake with an England Flag on top for the first England game of the World Cup (just happens to be on his birthday...hence the party...world cup sleepover the game does not start till1pm!). First it had to be purple but I have convinced him that is to girly and grey it is....in my mind this will be simple....I am beginning to doubt that....more thoughout the week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment