Wednesday 14 January 2015

Christmas cake


I always make my own Christmas cake and this last year was no exception....in October I got around to making the cake, however I fed it once with Rum when it came out of the oven, put foil around it and put it in a tin up high .... and forgot about it till 3 days before everyone was due to come around for our Christmas gathering. I make my own royal icing too and went for a Frozen theme this year as I had some snowflake sprinkles that I had found in Sainsburys. I also went through the icing when it was still gooey and drew a snowflake....however I also had a load of those silver balls left and put them on too.....to much maybe???



It turned out quite nice though...even husband said it was lovely...not too dry inside. It has kept very well and we finished it off the other day.


I think this year (2015) I will make one with a red and green theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment