Wednesday 21 January 2015

Sale shopping

Am sooooo sorry that I have missed a day! and its still only January...in my defence, on Friday last week our old computer finally gave up the ghost and died...so we spent the weekend looking for a new one and then installing it on Monday.Anyway, am back now and have been out and about this weekend.
As a rule I do not generally go looking too much in the sales after Christmas, I figure that if you really wanted it you would have brought it or ordered online on Boxing Day! However, after my daily Curves workout I went for a little stroll around the local shops, one of which is Clinton Cards. I used to manage the one in town (not that anyone working there now is the same....it was about 12 years ago now!!!). I believe they have been taken over by an American company, and I must say I am not overly keen on most of the gifts now. I do like Yankee Candles though....I never buy them as they are soooooo expensive. But at Clintons they had a couple of boxes of these little ones left in the half price sale....not £21.99 but only £10.99 for 12 of their Christmas smelling candles.....I HAD to have a box....


I have already taken them out of the huge box that they were in for easy storage till next Christmas!


They all smell most divine. My plan is something along the lines of either making candle holders myself or getting the kids to decorate some glass ones and either sell them or give as teacher gifts.....mmm....I really should have brought 2 boxes shouldn't I?? Maybe tomorrow I will pop in after my workout and see if they have any more stashed anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment