Wednesday 18 March 2015

Pots of herbs



When it comes to my Mother, she does not like receiving gifts that sit around collecting dust. Things have to be usable or edible! This Mother's Day I got my inspiration from good old Sainsburys!!! They were individual pots of herbs that were wrapped around with a bit of fancy paper ( of which I have loads!) and some raffia....Hey Ho thought I...I can do that! Luckily I had a couple of old tins that I had been saving for just such a project.... I simply wrapped some fancy paper around them with double sided tape and wrote a little message, tied with raffia and planted up!



The Diva and I went to the garden center to buy the herbs as you could get 6 for £10 as opposed to Mr S's £5 for 1! We chose the curly parsely and chives for my Mum. Unfortunately, I had one little pot that fitted inside perfectly and one that sank to the bottom as it was too small. Knowing my mum she will probably plant them out asap anyway so I did not worry too much.


However, you will note that the one that fitted snuggly with its rim on top (the parsely) was a lot better looking...will have to find some more containers like that if I do any more of these...



I had in mind, maybe doing a few for Christmas to sell at my fairs...Christmassy paper around and some red raffia maybe??

No comments:

Post a Comment