Monday 23 March 2015

Things to start collecting before a school holiday!


Only 5 days till the kids break up and I have already amassed a HUGE collection of loo rolls, boxes, wrappers etc...stuff I woudl normally throw straight away. And the kids are getting more and more excited at the prospect of being let loose upon them!

Now, with 3 kids it is getting harder and harder to keep them all busy and happy in the holidays. I always try to do lots of outings if the weather permits, but I also try to have a list of things we can do indoors (other than playing on the X-Box!). I have found that there are some things that if I can start saving early really really come in useful:

                 - Cereal Boxes.
                 - Egg Cartons
                 - Newsapaers
                 - Magazines
                  - Bottle Tops
                 - Glass jars
                  - envelopes that junk mail come in.
                 - paper plates
                 - bubbles or washing up liquid
                 - old clothes for cutting up
                - paints and brushes.
                 - Stones/pinecones etc that you find when out and about.


Most of these things are freely available so won't cost anything at all!!! and those that I have listed that you Do have to buy are a minimal cost...the other day in Sainsburys they were selling off 8" paper plates for 8p for a pack of 50!!!!! I brought 3 packs....they WILL come in useful! Keep your eyes peeled for things that the kids can paint on, cut up or stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment