Tuesday 5 August 2014

Christmas Holly Tea light holder.

Oh dear, have just realised that I have missed 2 posts!!!! Decided that I really need to start getting a move on with some Glass painted items for my Christmas fairs. I found a lovely container at a car boot fair ( I upcycle lots of glassware) for about 50p if I rememer correctly.
I use these paints pen paints, but generally only on flat items as they do tend to run.


I also use the 'proper' paint version of the Vitrea 160 and this emerald green is gorgeous!


First I outline the Holly leaves as so:


I do holly leaves freehand because I always think they look better if they are not quite all the same. However for some things (butterflies) I do cheat a little and draw the design on paper first and then blutack it to the inside and simply trace! I use the 160 outliner for the outlines.


Then I used the lovely emerald colour to colour the leaves in....and finally added some red berries with the more watery pens.


I will put it to one side till I have 6/7 things ready and then bake them all in the oven at the same time. Hopefully someone will like it at a fair and spend a few pennies for it....they could even use it as a sweet container in a hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment