Monday 25 August 2014

Medieval Day Out

As you know I was just the tinniest bit excited about going to Hurstmonceux for their re-enactment day. The kids lasted the journey down well and then had a fab day. First we enjoyed the grand parade with the King and Queen of Hurstmonceux in their horse drawn carriage and dragons, drummers, knights etc.



They were fascinated by the re-enactment scenes in front of the castle with cannons going off, arrows being fired and sword battles amany. Their cousin kept turning around to ask me if they were only pretending ok because the real knights are in heaven yes?


The jousting was great fun and loved by all the children.


As was the Jester.


Mesmorised....


and the Pentacle Drummers!


We all had such a fun day...and I actually remembered to take some photos! Woohoo. Their Grandma actually brought each of the cousins a really nice wooden bow and arrow set to play with in the garden.
It reminded me how, about 3 years ago, I had said when the children are a little older I would like to join the local Bonfire Society...maybe now is the time.......?

No comments:

Post a Comment