Friday 29 August 2014

Summer fun!

Whoops....keep missing days of posts! Am sooooo sorry. Still...we went to a Beavers fun day earlier in the holidays and they had a great slide...it was a really long piece of shiny tarpauline type stuff that they kept on a bank and put soapy water on every so often and the kids all had a whale of a time jumping and sliding down it.
So, I decided to try and improvise my very own version of it on my crafting tablecloth (which needed a good clean anyhow)

First we placed it on a little slope that we have about halfway down the garden and you really had to jump hard and land on your feet in a skidding position...(the eldest was the only one who was any good at this!) 


But, not to be discouraged, I moved it to a slightly steeper hill in the garden......oh yes....And added a slide to the mix....


They all managed this one, even though they all got utterly soaked in their clothes doing it! They loved it! Yippee...I love it when a plan comes together....especially when it gets my crafty table clothe cleaned at the same time!
Now as it's due to rain today a bit I think we will try some junk modelling as the kids put it on their list!




No comments:

Post a Comment