Monday 25 August 2014

friendship bands

I really enjoyed a Mums Crafting night a couple of days ago...I decided that I really need to get rid of some of my crafting stash, and thought that it would be a nice idea to get a few mums around one evening with a bottle of wine or two and see if they could make a dent in the mass of crafting bits and pieces.

They all really got into the spirit....although to be honest not a lot of my stash got used up! I still had to put most of it back away...the reason for this...only one of us knew how to make those old friendship bands...not loom bands!  So the one knowledgeable lady decided to teach the rest of us as I had so many embroidery threads.



As you can see my first attempt is not brilliant. I could not somehow manage to keep it even....too much vino??? However I did manage to finish this one for my eldest son in Brazilian colours and he was delighted with it. We all had a huge laugh and great fun, it was a nice cheap night out!!!
I think I will be doing this again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment