Saturday 8 November 2014

Everything is going to turn silver!!!!

 I have seen a few pictures of things that have been spray painted, toys etc and think they look quite effective. so I decided to go out and buy myself a can of spray paint. I landed up simply going to B&Q and getting their Valspar silver metallic paint...yippee..I love silver.


I laid out a lot of newspaper on top of the freezer in the garage and found some lids that I had off old gerkin glass jars. The lids were gold and had patterns all over them so if I wanted to use them for anything the lids needed to be changed. SILVER! 


It was quite simple to spray them, but I did go and check to see if they were set a little too quickly and ruined one of them with a lovely finger print. However the rest I left overnight and redid them with a second coat just to make sure and left for the day again. 


 I am absolutely sold with the idea.....if I had the money I would go and buy every colour they had! However, I have got to be restrained and use this up first and hopefully use the jars for something....maybe paint them then put the silver lid on to sell them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment