Tuesday 24 February 2015

Attempts at a mug...

Oh my gosh....how half term whizzed by...so much so that I totally forgot to post anything yesterday, which was also an inset day!!! However one of the things that I tried over the hols was this...

I have seen so many people that are making their own mugs with Sharpie pens and tried it for myself to no avail. (apparently I was using the wrong type of Sharpies and there is a special paint type of Sharpie pen. So, armed with my white mug....


and my own porcelain pens , which are essentially the same as the Sharpies, I think,



I decided to do a simple floral design to test the pens and see if they are actually dishwasher proof and worth while doing. If they are, then the possibilities are endless, Chrsitmas, Birthdays.....the list goes on.


After the painting stage, you have to leave the paint to dry for 4 hours at least. Then bake in an oven at 40 minutes....and supposedly it will be done....we will wait and see...

Well, the pattern stayed on! and it went in the dishwasher too! May try and do some more mugs when the season comes along...I believe ASDA I is where this mug comes from and at £1 a mug it is a bargain....maybe the kids could do all the rellies a mug for Christmas 2015!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment