Wednesday 4 February 2015

Crocheted Lace Bowls????


I have seen the Lace bowls on Pinterest so many times that I thought I would give it a go and see just how easy/hard they are to do...well to start with Sainsburys oe Tesco do not sell Fabric Stiffener, but I found some quite cheaply online...I think it was £3.99 for a pot.


I decided not to use it all in one go but instead to use a brush to brush it onto the fabric... I did this on an old plate so that spills did not matter too much.


Then I found some old yoghurt pots that I had been storing for nothing really other than a random project like this!


I also tried to do a little crown shape one for the Diva..after measuring her head I cut the lenght down and fastened it with a paperclip while it stiffened...


I did 4 of the little bowls! Then left to dry overnight.


In the morning they came off the pots quite easily but are still not totally stiff so I think I may be doing it again today!

The bowls did take a second time of putting the stiffener on them but came out quite well...I sold 3 of them at a fair in someones house,,,they were going to fill them with Easter eggs...what a lovely idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment