Thursday 25 September 2014

Glitter Christmas Cards



Yes....I have started to make some Christmas cards already...not sure if they will be to sell or just to send yet.
I started off with an idea that I had seen on Pinterest in my mind. They had produced a bauble with glitter on it and put on a plain background and framed it...I thought I would try this but on a card instead.
I have one of these compass cutters as I do not normally do cards and therefore do not have all the various punches etc. The circles came out quite well though.


Another thing I also have is a glue pen...it's fab! It simply rolls out a tiny amount of glue and is therefore brilliant for delicate glitter work. So I did a few designs on my cut out baubles and showered them with glitter. When using glitter ALWAYS HAVE A SHEET OF PAPER UNDERNEATH...it really helps when you come to tidy.


and hey presto... 


Next I stuck a single bauble on a card and drew a line down....
and a little bow and scrawled Merry Christmas in my best writing. ..


And I varied the colour of the glitter a little and tried different designs with the glue pen...



even a lattice one..



and a wavy one...


I enjoyed doing these and think that they worked quite well considering I have not made cards before!

No comments:

Post a Comment