Saturday 6 September 2014

Glitter Magnetic Pegs - part one

Oh my word.....I have well and truly started the Christmas making now....I am so totally covered in glitter that my husband just burst out laughing when I went into the kitchen just now!
I started of with a set of wooden pegs for Wilkos if I remember. I think it was 79p and you get 36 pegs for that. I started by taping double sided tape to the pegs and cutting it to fit exactly.


Then came the fun part. 3 at a time I glittered them up! In all different colours as I am not sure of how I am going to pack these up. I made sure to do this on a piece of paper so that I could easily fold the paper in half when finished with each colour and simple tip the glitter that shakes off back into its container.


As you can see from the picture below I do actually have LOTS of colours of fine glitter. 


I finished the front of them off by varnishing each of them with a clear nail polish...This should keep the rest of the glitter in place.


All I have to do next when it all dries is put the magnets on the back and package them up....another night I think now.

No comments:

Post a Comment