Monday 19 May 2014

Flowers in the garden

What a lovely weekend we have just had! The sun has been shining brightly here in West Suusex.
When I leave the garden for two weeks at this time of year, without a mow, the weeds (some call them flowers...me included!) really take over. I went out for a walk around the garden with my camera to take pics of some of the pretty flowers ( sorry ....weeds) before having a mow!

This one is one of the many pink flowers that take over our lawn , and the beds, given a chance. I know a lot of people buy them, because I see them for sale in the garden centers, but believe me, they take over!!! Wild Geraniums!


The lovely, wonderful Daisies. I love looking out at a field of daisies in the garden. Before I mow, I often get the kids to pick as long a stem daisies as they can find and have little mini cups of them throughout the house.


Aqualegia...not sure if I have spelt that correctly or not. I do love these too...although this one has taken root on the edge of the playhouse foundations....will try and move it I think. This one had a bee busy buzzing around when I took the photo.


And this white weed....no idea what it is, but so pretty and dainty. 
Along with all these we have numerous Dandelions, Buttercups and Cover that bees love, so I tend to mow slightly higher than we should and keep it for them....I tell the kids and visitors to always wear shoes in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment